Wednesday 20 November 2013

BloodBowl Daemonettes: The Fifty Shades of Purple (I)

Hello all,
As I related some time ago, my son discovered the joy of Bloodbowl a few months ago and as I've always considered it one of the best boardgames ever made I was eager to get into it again. We began with some simple and easy "bashing" teams (Orcs and Dwarfs) just to get familiar with the rules, but I've always had a thing for the more daring teams of Skaven and Dark Elves. Back when I used to play in competitions the Skaven would always be my favourite team, but in the recent Blood Bowl computer game I would generally play as Dark Elves - great team that can do the impossible at times but can also deal out some damage. Unfortunately, the minis for Dark Elves suck. Both Games Workshop and the more recent bloodbowl producing miniature companies have never really made a team that represents how I've envisioned the dastardly elves.
So while I wanted a Dark Elf team I had no models in mind. Until, that is, I rediscovered my old box of unused and forgotten miniatures (as described here). Now, amongst the treasures was nine of the old Daemonettes of Slaanesh - and it struck me that these would be perfect for at Dark Elf team. And so the hitherto unknown Fifty Shades of Purple was born. 
I've since discovered that pink and purple are difficult colours to paint, shade, and blend and the first few minis took way longer than they should have. 
But, nonetheless, it is with great pride that I can now present the first two Daemonettes, Heartvex and Sinwhip:


Heartvex, Sinwhip, Daemonette, Demonette, Games Workshop, Blood Bowl, Bloodbowl, painted, Dark Elf, Elves, fifty shades, purple, alluring

Both have been fun to paint (although time consuming as I had to develop a paint scheme quite different from my usual colours) as the miniatures are simply great. Well, not the sculpt in all parts, but they are, as most of the old miniatures, full of character.

These will, initially count as simple Dark Elf Linemen but I hope the team, once finished, will be able to stand in for most of the "light" teams, i.e. Humans, Amazons, other pansy Elves, etc. 

Heartvex, Sinwhip, Daemonette, Demonette, Games Workshop, Blood Bowl, Bloodbowl, painted, Dark Elf, Elves, fifty shades, purple, alluring

I've since completed (almost) the entire range of Daemonettes (well there is only thirteen of them) and will post on the history of the Daemonette models from Games Workshop soon, but for this team the "normal" daemonettes will be lineelfs, the ones with hair will serve as Witch Elves, and the more spooky and alien like Daemonettes will be throwers. Should be fun :-).
The rest of the finished models will be up soon(ish).


Heartvex, Sinwhip, Daemonette, Demonette, Games Workshop, Blood Bowl, Bloodbowl, painted, Dark Elf, Elves, fifty shades, purple, alluring

The two alluring ladies, Heartvex and Sinwhip, both really hope you like their new colours - otherwise they might pay you a disturbing visit soon!

All the best,
Kasper

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also find this interesting:

Related Posts with Thumbnails