Tuesday 11 November 2014

Goliath painted (Shadows of Brimstone 6)

Hello all,
Another monster painted for Shadows of Brimstone - and this time it is a real monster!
Towering over Josh is his new best friend, a Goliath:

Shadows, Brimstone, painted, Golaith, monster

It is a beast to photograph as well - couldn't get the entire beast focused nor in the frame.

Shadows, Brimstone, painted, Golaith, monster

As with the other monsters from Shadows of Brimstone there are very few details on this beast, apart from the face. I choose a deep purple to hide this fact and to tie it in with the Tentacles.

Shadows, Brimstone, painted, Golaith, monster

Also, note how the two parts that make up the head are put together so that there is a very annoying gap in the central eye. Why would anyone do this?

Shadows, Brimstone, painted, Golaith, monster

Despite these facts, the Goliath looks imposing and from a certain distance quite good :-).

Shadows, Brimstone, painted, Golaith, monster
All the best,
Kasper

6 comments:

  1. This has to be the funniest spam-comment ever. I'm going to let it stay just for the giggles.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I i went for a greenish brown with pink tendrils

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leif. Good choice on the colours. I wanted mine to be similar to the Tentacles I had already painted purplish, so I had left myself little choice :-). And I do love painting purple.
    How are you finding the quality of these miniatures? I finished most of the heroes yesterday and while they are better, they still have some very annoying lack of detail and/or weird details. My female rancher for instance has no details on the right side of her face. Poor lady - I'm going to call her the mutant from now on :-).
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the quality of the molds are quite so-so. Lots of soft or missing details. My Rancher too has very little facial details.

      But in terms of sheer quantity and imaginativity of the models they are great. I'm doing quick paint-wash-details on most of the monsters, but I keep getting mold lines I didn't notice previously when I apply the wash which is very annoying.

      As for purple I'm doing one set of tentacles purple and the other set greenish-brown. Just wanted some variety, like this is a swamp tentacle and this is a desert tentacle.

      I still wonder if the tentacles are single creatures or part of a bigger underground monster.

      Delete
  4. Very nice. I like your solid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Just discovered your blog by accident. I was also a backer of this Kickstarter, being a fan of all things Flying Frog. I haven't started putting my miniatures together yet (trying to find the time from work and social stuff, lol!). But to answer your questions about the mold lines and gaps: you should try working with Green/Grey Stuff. Games Workshop has a great product called liquid green stuff which you paint on (it's NOT meant for big gaps, but small imperfections). Now, that would mean a heck of a lot more time spent on each model, but it's just a suggestion. Good on you for painting those miniatures though! :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also find this interesting:

Related Posts with Thumbnails