Tuesday 10 August 2010

How to make 6mm or 10mm forests that look amazing....

Greetings,
I recently saw a link to a pdf which details a very nice way of making forests suitable for 6mm, 10mm or even 15mm. And the great part is that it is both cheap and seems to give an amazing result:

I will definately be trying the method in the future and it also reminded me to get some of that excellent Woodland scenics turf - my terrain could really do with some random detailing.
Anyways the link (EDIT NEW LINK: http://architectsofwar.com/Howto/forests.pdf) and links to a nice page called "Architects of War" - well worth checking out.

Oh and here's a brilliant painting that I don't wnat to forget about again :-):
By William-Adolphe Bouguereau (1825-1905) - Dante And Virgil In Hell (1850)

Best regards,
Kasper

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kasper - what an awesome blog! I've referenced my local wargame group to it. Hoping to get thim interested in 10mm. Your site is a good introduction.

    I was disappointed that the link to the "make your own trees" article seems broken above. Any chance you have the PDF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Midloo - really glad you liked the blog and if there is anything I can dot o help you and your friends get into the only true scale, let me know.
    The above "how to" article may be found at this link:
    http://architectsofwar.com/Howto/forests.pdf
    I'll edit the blogpost immediately.
    All the best,
    Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have another link, the above ones seem to be defunct.

    ReplyDelete

You might also find this interesting:

Related Posts with Thumbnails